So you’re ready for a career in natural resources? We can help plan your pathway to success!
No matter who you are – what your skills, education, passions or interests are – there is a natural resource career for you.
You can download our job-seeker manual, “A How-To Guide for Pursuing a Career in Natural Resources” in both English and Spanish for free, any time.
This guide is your passport to entry-level natural resource career opportunities. Key guidance includes:
- Who hires natural resource positions, with highlights on federal, state and local agencies.
- What higher education opportunities exist in Colorado for natural resource degrees and certificates – there are 276 different programs!
- How to navigate USA Jobs, the federal hiring portal.
- How to understand government job listings.
- How to be a successful candidate. We met with human resources personnel at multiple agencies to get the inside scoop!
You can also find case studies, career spotlights, and helpful worksheets and fact sheets to help you understand all of the different job opportunities that exist in natural resources and where you may fit best.
With the help of our initiative partners statewide, CYCA and CAEE have designed a training program that can help you discover what information is contained within the guide.
- May 18, 2022 from 9:15-1:15 at CSU Spur Campus in Denver (registration coming soon!)
Stay up to date by signing up for our newsletter below.
You can also access our Natural Resource Careers Webinar at any time to learn more about natural resource careers and our “How-To Guide.”
Join our community to learn about upcoming events and webinars, new resources and the latest information on natural resource careers.